Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hi My name is Rose.  My husband and I were ready to buy in to the who Gothard ATI stuff and really start being a fundie. I honestly believe I worshiped Jim Bob and Michelle since their first special. I wanted to be just like Michelle. I took notes highlighted in the books etc. (sick I know).

Well, long story short I had a friend tell me to look more closely at the Duggars and gave me this website and the television without pity. She also gave me a few websites about Bill Gothard. About 2 months ago we decided not to send in the application for our children to ATI.

I was talking like her- jeez I just wanted to be like her. They seemed perfect and polished. I lived blindly. Sadly many people do. I talked to many people who support the Duggars and now am starting to see how even they are being fooled. I actually believed they paid for Josie and are still debt free (I do not believe that anymore) and that the children were loving their life and really were thankful to be in the family.

I wanted to meet the family but decided not to go to a book signing. They are just too fake to me now

The blinders are coming off (Thank God)

So the reason for the blog is so that I can rewatch all the shows with the blinders off and recap them for you! I personally think it will be an eye opening experience since when I watched I LOVED the family.  I own the DVD's so the recap will be from them.

A few things before I start...

* I should start on Monday or Tuesday
*Please be aware I don't have good grammar. I have decided that although I went to school to be a teacher that they should go to a Catholic School.
* I will post when I can. I have 5 children Michael Jr. 9, Felicity 7, Emma 4, Emily 2 and Hannah 4 months. They keep me busy.
*Some parts of my life I like to keep private, however sometimes I will add some things.

The first special 14 kids and pregnant again!... coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your posts...I'm interested to hear what you have to say. Enjoy your blogging journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you saw through the facade and didn't get caught up in their cult.

    ReplyDelete